The following measures are taken in order to reduce the industrial injury rate in all SA of the Company:
- All employees are informed about circumstances and causes of accidents.
- All production personnel receive unplanned instructions.
- Unscheduled test of employees for OR, occupational safety rules knowledge is held at business units at which an accident took place.
- Occupational safety days attended by CEOs of entities are organized on a monthly basis. Actions aimed at elimination of identified violations are taken according to the results of the occupational safety days.
- Occupational health and safety services organize comprehensive inspections of equipment, buildings, facilities and workplaces. Action plans with deadlines and persons in charge based on results of comprehensive inspections are developed.
- All production personnel are trained according to the Rules for training, instruction, and testing of employees’ knowledge of occupational safety.
- Before the repair campaign, all the SA hold seminars and meetings with engineers and technicians of structural subdivisions authorized to give assignments, manage and perform works, with practical trainings on the correct access for teams to perform works and formalize assignments.
- At least once every five years, enterprises are certified for workplaces according to working conditions.
- Scheduled replacement of equipment that exhausted its service life and posing a serious threat to production personnel is carried out.
- All SA of the Company introduced the international standard “Healthcare and occupational safety management system OHSAS-18001”.
- Each case of work connected injury is considered at meetings of boards of directors/supervisory boards of the Company’s SA.
- Four visiting meetings were organized and conducted with heads of SA and employees of SA responsible for occupational health and safety, including:
- On May 19-20, 2016, a meeting was held with OHS Service heads at “Bogatyr Komir” LLP site;
- On September 15-16, 2016 a meeting was held with OHS Service heads at “Ekibastuz SDPP-1 named after Bulat Nurzhanov” LLP site;
- On May 13, 2016, a meeting on performance results for the first half of 201was held with CEO of subsidiaries and affiliates.
- On November 17, 2016, a meeting was held with heads of “Bogatyr Komir” LLP business units.
5 corporate standards for the Company’s group were developed as a result of organized and conducted on-site seminar-meetings jointly with specialists of SA in charge of occupational health and safety matters.
- Republican professional competitions among teams of electricians for repair and operation of distribution grids with participation of Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates were held at “Karasay” training ground of “AZhC” JSC . The winner of the competition was “AZhC” JSC.
In all of the Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates, collective agreements have been concluded between employers and employees represented by trade unions. The procedure for concluding collective agreements is regulated by Chapter 14 of the Labor Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan (LC RK). The content and structure of the collective agreement, as defined in Article 157 of the LC of the RK, provides for: “… the creation of healthy and safe working and living conditions, the amount of funding for occupational health and safety measures, and the improvement of health protection …”.
Collective agreements have 100 % coverage of employees’ health and safety issues.
Contractor organizations’ employees are admitted to workplaces for carrying out the work under contractual obligations in compliance with requirements of safety rules and labor protection standards. At the time of admission, introductory, initial and target briefings are conducted; the availability of qualification certificates with indication of training in occupational safety and health as well as medical examination is checked.
In accordance with the foregoing, the percentage of contractor employees who received relevant training in occupational safety and health is 100 %.